Sunday, July 10, 2011

My First Complete Dish





Finally, being a fans of those cooking shows on TV paid off.. 




Never imagine in my whole life that i would make such a nice dish on my plate. I’ve never been fond of cooking. As a matter of fact i hate cooking. Being Indonesian and grew up entirely in the same place made my choices of what i can cook limited. My family loves Indonesian food, or say it Sundanese food. I somehow found that Indonesian food is just too complicated to cook. I even remember my father asked me one time whether i can cook or not, and i answered embarassedly NO, NOT AT ALL. I can only cook like five simple foods, very simple.


But hey don’t missjudge me. Although i dont like cooking, i am always interested in baking. I was quite good actually. Few years ago, i always made the Lebaran cookies or birthday cake myself. I enjoyed the time of time of reading a new recipe, trying it, and being satisfied with whatever i made. Then the reality hit me. Apparently, good cake or cookies involves good money and a lot of mess up in the kitchen. Somehow both my mom and me finally had an agreement that it would be easier if we just buy the cake or cookies for those special occasion.

However, I love eating, especially trying new things. Sushi, tender steak, crispy thin pizza, salmon sashimi, pancakes, ice cream and so many more. I am always wondering while eating those food whether someday i would be able to cook them. Then, those masterchef shows are on TV and i feel like this time cooking is not as bad as i always imagine.

I watched the show repeatedly, almost every rerun. I learned the right way of cooking, the tricks and else. After some times, the passion just came up like an explosion. Added by a good cook roomy, made it so impossible to ignore. So, i learned some recipes and chose the one that looks easier then i bought the ingredients.

Apparently, as simple as you read the recipe, in practice it was never that simple. The preparation itself took almost an hour. So the total time for cooking this dish was 2 hours, around. But it was satisfying in the end. Dealing with those ingredients, lots of mess, smelling the delicious aroma while on process, had given me really good feeling. So here it is, my first complete dish on the plate: Chicken schnitzel with eggplant n broccoli salad and mashed potato. 

Never thought that i could make it. So Yes, i have a big smile on my face afterwards and looking for another shot of cooking other recipes.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment